Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Sunday, June 16, 2013

Orange, Yellow, Living on the California and Oregon Coasts, But, WHAT Am I? UPDATED! Red Hot Poker

.
I have searched and snooped, and I thought I found the name of this beauty once, and now, I cannot find it again.  I really hate when I do that.  SIGH

SO, what is it?

First two photos taken on May 19, 2013 by Man from Jolly's window when we were driving along the Lost Coast of California.  Distance from left coast waters, only a few hundred feet.



Next two photos taken by Moi, on June 7, 2013 at Shore Acres State Park,  Coos Bay, Oregon, again within just a few hundred feet of the left coast ocean.


Looks like the bees like it too!





** Thanks to friends Fran and Charley, this has been identified as Red Hot Poker.  THANK!! YOU!!  Took them all of 3 minutes or less!  WOOT!
.

1 comment:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Kniphofia aka Red hot poker. Mine isn't close to blooming yet. Hummingbirds like it too.