Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Friday, October 12, 2012

Carol's Folly, The Bridge, In The Fall

.
In my post from Wednesday I was chatting about the pond and swamp being dried up.  Between that swamp and the pond is a low spot, a long but, not deep, ditch of sorts, made by Momma Nature.  For the first few years we lived here that ditch was wet almost year round.  After several years Man conceded to build a "real" bridge.  He was not impressed by my makeshift arrangement of rocks, tree stumps and wood chips I was hauling down there to try and "bridge" the gap and the mud, therefore the concession.

So we put up this bridge, and for the next 5 or more years it was barely wet underneath.  In the spring of 2008, after a particularly snowy winter, we came home to discover the ends standing in muck and much water underneath.  I was thrilled, at least my bridge actually went over water!


But, alas, it is dry again.  Still makes a pretty photo, what with the fall leaves.





.

No comments: