Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Monday, December 13, 2010

Mexican Wolf, Living Desert State Park, Carlsbad, New Mexico


The Mexican Wolf, according to the signage is the smallest, rarest, and most genetically distinct subspecies of gray wolves.  According to the docent we chatted with, the Living Desert State Park has only males in their population.

There is an article about this gray wolf at Wikipedia, as always use care and verify the facts.  Interestingly enough when I googled Mexican Wolf I found this editorial/article that was posted only hours prior.  I do not know how long the link will be good, and I make no representation that the facts are as represented, just making it known.  US Fish and Wildlife site about the wolf is here.

No comments: