Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Friday, July 8, 2011

Elk

.
Just as Man and I came out of the Grand Canyon National Park, standing almost in the driveway to our campground were several elk (which some uneducated observer told us was a mule deer).  They were just grazing away on the grasses along the road.  They sure created a fuss with the vacationers, traffic stopped, people jumping out of cars and trucks taking photos.  Man secured a parking spot for Big Butt, grabbed Sony and hightailed it over to take some photos.  Well done to the Man!  (Who, by the way, is a much better technical photographer than I, he is always teaching me new tricks of the trade.)


Above:  No, it does not have 6 legs!  LOL  There is
another elk directly behind this one.  This big fella is chewing
on a piece of green fresh grass.
Above, looking both ways before we cross the highway??
Probably not, they go where they want, and the traffic stops for them!




* Our visit to the Grand Canyon was on April 21, 2011.  It took me till this week to realize what animal this was. SIGHH and DUHHH.  OKK, I got it now!   LOL
.

5 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Super cool pictures. Goodness, you could have touched them. Very nice indeed.

Lisa Wallen Logsdon said...

Woohoo! Awesome critters!

So Blogger is working ok for you? Guess I'd better hunker down and play with it. Not happy!

Jasia said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I think these are your best pics to date!

FranE said...

Good shots. I think maybe the thought was 'what driver can I scare to death by walking out in front of him.'
Man really did get close. They must not be afraid of people.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Absolutely fantastic. I love the facial expression on the one looking at the camera chewing his blade of grass.