Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heads Down, The Darkling Beetle

.
Red Rock State Park, near Sedona Arizona, April 11, 2011.


Heads down, this action got my attention:


And, boys will be boys, Man just had to flip it over:




* A very quick Google search, first hit, fascinating page.

** No harm was done to this darkling beetle by the flipping, it quickly righted itself and we continued our hike.
.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, boys will be boys... lol... that's one big icky looking bug!

Margarethe Brummermann said...

Thanks for linking to my page of Darkling Beetles, I even had the parents of your Sedona Eleodes in an earlier chapter:
http://arizonabeetlesbugsbirdsandmore.blogspot.com/2010/06/dichelonyx-truncata-in-sedona.html
regards Margarethe