Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Sunday, January 16, 2011

P-I-C-K-Y, P-I-C-K-Y

While we visited one of the local state parks here in Las Cruces New Mexico, Man decided to get up front and personal, err, down bottom and picky:


And, just minutes before discovering these burrs, he dug one of these out of the front of his shoe.


Let me tell you, that was something interesting to witness.  Those barbs dug into his shoe leather, deep.  Surprised they did not go right through the leather.  Seriously!

Man tells me he thinks he will stay on the path from now on and out of the cacti gardens!

4 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

That second picture- Yowsa! That's a nasty looking sticker barb!

Michelle Goodrum said...

Staying on the trail is a good idea. It only gets worse the further west you go. Watch out for the jumping chollas. Seriously.

Greta Koehl said...

Oh, my, this is bringing back memories of life in the Southwest....

Gini said...

I have had those in my foot Carol...not fun!!!