Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bird of Prey

.
I recently caught this bird of prey having dinner just before dusk.  I'll spare you the shot I got that really shows him at the dinner table, even though I felt it was a terrific photo, it is a bit, well, icky.  He was 30 to 50 feet away, guessing, Sony was zoomed pretty much to the max.  I have cropped these to bring him up closer for your viewing pleasure.  Minimum sharpening and auto correct were done to most of these photos as well.





I have tentatively identified this as the Common black Hawk, only because of the yellow under the eye, which is barely visible in my photos.  See Whatbird.com for their information on this bird.

I had thought that this might be a Zone-tailed Hawk.  You can see more about the zone-tailed hawk at Whatbird.com.  You can see that the common black hawk and the zone-tailed hawk are very similar.




.

No comments: