Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Thursday, April 14, 2011

Saguaro, Home to Many

.
The saguaro is abundant in the Sonoran Desert.  It has many uses, including furniture making.  It is also home to many of the desert's fauna.

Here are two photos of bird nests in one Saguaro I found while hiking on Silly Mountain, near Apache Junction Arizona.



These next photos are of a different Saguaro, same hike, same mountain.


Lets peak a little closer, a feather, and behind it, a nest?


I found this as I was taking a photo of this little guy, same saguaro.


And, a little bit closer:


Believe this is a cactus wren.  Sony was zoomed almost to the max, bird still a little out of focus.


1 comment:

Michelle Goodrum said...

I love the last two photos. Bravo! Not only for your photographic skills but also for your patience (or luck) in catching that wren at the right moment!