Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Friday, August 6, 2010

Beside the Fence Post, Hibiscus

Over at the local library, we found this hibiscus.  The flower was huge, like 8 inches in diameter, close to twice the size of the Rose of Sharon, Hibiscus syriacus, I have growing in my yard, .  The color of the leaves was interesting, with a tinge of red.  I did not discover the botanical name in a short search on the internet. 


1 comment:

Karen K said...

I have a huge Red one like this. Everyone who walks past my yard comments on it. They call it a dinner plate Hibiscus. Doubt that is its real name but with the size of the flowers I can fully understand why they call it that! Nice photo!