Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Here's Looking at You, Babe


Praying mantis, this particular individual was found hanging out on the screen to the half bath window.  Let me tell you at 6:45 AM, when I walked in there, eyes still glued shut with sleep, well, can we say, that was some wake up call??  Eyes popped right open, brain function jump started and I grabbed the camera.  I took a number of shots from INSIDE the house.


Knowing that the screen was interfering, I went out side and took several more photos.  At some point, I decided to try flash (it was early and gray).  And, I guess the flash attracted his attention, because that creature actually turned at looked right at me (top photo).  Kinda bizarre when I loaded the photos onto the computer.

A great page on praying mantis was found via a quick google.



* Man actually was able to measure this beast, and tells me it was 3.5 inches long and the spread of the legs was 3 inches.

1 comment:

Barbara Poole said...

That is one buggie thing that I don't mind touching. Hope it didn't get caught in the mesh. Good shot.