Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Badlands Sunflower, Which Way is the Sun?

.
Believe this is a sunflower.  That said, so many plants out west that are similar to those I am used to seeing in the east have different names.

Photographed at Badlands National Park, 91 degrees, July 7, 2011.

I thought it was interesting how the heads of the flower were looking in two different directions, our sunflowers tend to look to the sun, east in the morning, always.  No, I have NO idea which direction these beauties were looking.  So much sun, I guess they can look any ole way and find what they seek.




.

No comments: