Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zion's Beautiful Purple Jewel

.
Man and I were taking a short hike at Zion National Park, on the Emerald Pools Trail, when I spied this delicate, small jewel.  I have no idea what it may be, but, I could not resist taking quite a few photos, different angles, slightly different lighting.  I was so close that due to depth of field issues, they don't all look like they are in focus, but, I think that just adds to the beauty.







.

4 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Lovely Carol.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

They are beautiful! I have a hot pink variety in my garden. I think these are prairie shooting stars.

Greta Koehl said...

Exquisite!

Myrna said...

Gorgeous.