Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back Track on ID??

On Feb. 26, this year, I did a post on what I tentatively identified as mesquite.

This AM while trying to identify today's offering of a Arizona desert bloomer, I found this page, and have to say, this sure looks a lot like my ?mesquite?

So, maybe my sweet little yellow puff of a flower belongs to the commonly named, whitethorn acacia.

Yep, still learning, still making bad identifications.  Sorry, some of these are really tough for an undereducated layman guesser!  LOL




* And, no, I have not found the identity of the desert bloomer - - yet.

1 comment:

Gini said...

I know the feeling Carol...when I am taking shots of my neighbors flowers and plants, I have no idea what some of them are. They are way too pretty to pass up and at the same time, I am learning more and more and making a list as to what I would like in my yard!