Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Thursday, July 1, 2010

Carol's Folly, The Bridge

When we first moved to the "country", we knew had a pond, errrrr a hole in the ground.  Later that year, I discovered, the "swamp".  Between the swamp and the pond runs a divit, a ditch, a low spot.  The first several years that divit was wet, mucky.  Hindered us from accessing the back of the property from the east side. I wanted a bridge.  Nothing expensive, just a way to get over the muck.

After several years of, mmmmm, well, whining, Man said, "we are gonna build a bridge".  As home improvements tend to do, it went from in my mind a few simple pieces of lumber to, a master piece of manly design.  It also went from "we are going" to build it, to call in the pro!

A huge hunk of $$ later, and we have this lovely bridge down in the woods. The next 5 years or more we had a drought, and there was NEVER any water under the bridge.  Wasn't mucky either.  Figures, eh??  LOL

And, therefore the name, Carol's Folly.  A bridge over dry land.


2 comments:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

You have one BEAUTIFUL piece of property and I love the bridge even if it goes over dry land.

Greta Koehl said...

Well, I like it and I want one! (Don't have anything to put it over, either.)