Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Monday, September 26, 2011

Mexican Corn on the Cob, Hot Stuff

.
From the archives, this corn on the cob was very popular in the Rio Grande Valley Texas where Man and I wintered for several years.  He loves corn on the cob and he loves hot spices, and he really loved the combo.  I googled Mexican corn on the cob and found that it is also known as elote.

According to the blog Homesick Texan, it’s a cob of corn "slathered in mayonnaise, cotija cheese (a semi-hard, crumbly cheese that resembles grated Parmesan), powdered chile peppers and lime juice. Sometimes, you can find it without mayonnaise and instead drenched in butter, margarine or crema."




.

1 comment:

Cheri Hopkins aka You Go Genealogy Girl #2 said...

We have to try this one, I can see it being loved by my family. I had peanut butter tonight...whooppee!