Reflection's Flora and Fauna
A collection of my photos of flora and fauna, and maybe now and then,
something else that catches my attention and just will not let go.
Maybe even with little verbage, which is pretty hard for this gal.



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Praying Mantis

.
Usually at least once a year we find a praying mantis or two lurking around the yard here at the stick built.  Last year I found one hanging on a screen and shared photos.

Just this weekend I spied another, he was on my yugo pines this time, hanging out.  See him, pale green.  I could see that pale green from 25 feet!  LOL


Here is a closer view:


And, as close as I could get, without spooking both the mantis and Moi!  LOL


It was longer than the one from last year, this one was all of 4 inches, maybe even a little more.  HUGE!



.

1 comment:

Barbara Poole said...

My favorite insect, and he is always praying.